Clap to the beat with Bang the Lion - the fuzzy face of the
percussion family! Join Bang and his best pal Buzz the Bee as they
tap, tap, tap out kitchen symphonies with pots, pans, spoons and
kettledrums to the tick-tock of the kitchen clock. On the Orchestra's
menu - a tasting of Gershwin, Bizet and Britten.
ABOUT THE SENSORY FRIENDLY THEATRE SERIES
What to expect at a Sensory Friendly Theatre event:
• Each performance will run 60 minutes with
• Seating is general admission and a limited
number of tickets will be sold to maintain a
comfortable size audience at each
• Lights will remain up inside the theatre
• Sound volume will be lowered and remain
constant to prevent abrupt jarring sounds.
• Children will be free to talk and vocalize as
• Children may leave their seats under parental supervision.
• A private lounge area will be available where children and their
families can relax. Fidget and stress sensory toys will be available for
children to borrow as needed.
• Professional Autism specialists will be available throughout the
performance to provide assistance as requested or needed.
• Resource Materials: "This Is My Theatre" Social Story Picture
Packet, may be downloaded here. Families may use this Social Story
tool to help acquaint their children with the experience of going to a live performance.
• Families who have not been to the Union County Performing Arts
Center are invited to stop by and visit the theatre space and explore
the seating areas two hours before the performance or by
appointment prior to the performance date.