Learn about UCPAC, our mission & commitment to the community
UCPAC has a well-earned reputation as the “Crown Jewel” of the performing arts scene in Union County. We’re a sophisticated performing arts campus presenting everything from rock concerts to theatrical productions, a multipurpose community center, a five-star rental facility for corporate, nonprofit, and private events, and currently, the home of New Jersey’s one and only classic movie palace!
Governed by a Board of Trustees, the Union County Arts Center, Inc. (d.b.a. The Union County Performing Arts Center, aka UCPAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit historic theatre serving both the community of Union County and the state of New Jersey.
UCPAC is located in Rahway, NJ, which ranks at #2 on USA Today’s list of the 10 small towns with the best arts scenes, as chosen by their readers.
Come see a show, present your event at one of our venues, donate your time, or become a Member. We look forward to seeing you soon!
I was very impressed with not only the extraordinarily beautiful auditorium but also by the very friendly and helpful volunteers who were there. Also thank you so much for the “free” popcorn which was an unexpected delight!!!
“I don’t need to go to NY…”
I like the venue location and seating. I don’t need to go to NY to see a good show!
Theatre is absolutely beautiful. Staff is wonderful. Concession stand is very reasonable. Ticket prices are TOO reasonable not to go regularly. I wish I lived closer.
About UCPAC: Our Mission Statement
The Union County Performing Arts Center will provide quality programming and performances that strive to be educational, affordable, and enrich the arts within our diverse communities. With four performance spaces (the UCPAC Main Stage, Hamilton Stage at UCPAC, The Fazioli Room, and the Loft at UCPAC) we, as a whole, are dedicated to making Rahway, New Jersey a hub for the performing arts.
We will continue to commit ourselves to:
- Providing greater access to the arts in both the City of Rahway and in the County of Union
- Encouraging cultural and educational opportunities for all ages
- Showcasing both established and emerging local performers and artists
- Preserving and enhancing the historic Rahway Theatre as an architectural and cultural landmark and maintaining its designation on the State and National Register of Historic Places
Our programming will include:
- Children’s plays and live performances
- Musicals and plays presented by local theater troupes
- Classic and independent film presentations
- Multicultural programs and events
- Live music concerts
Additional uses of the spaces at UCPAC will include children’s summer camps, recitals, business meetings, and community events such as festivals and outdoor concerts.